This week’s episode can be summed up as the episode where the team learns to work together. Oh, and there’s a “surprise” guest appearance at the end. I use the quotes because I don’t really call it a surprise if you give a not-so-subtle teaser. Seriously, is it bad to just surprise people? But I’ll get to that later. Anyways, here’s the gist of the episode.
- The team gets called to Peru to investigate a 0-8-4. This is a situation dealing with alien artifacts that they don’t know anything about. Like when S.H.I.E.L.D. discovered Thor’s hammer. They find a weapon with an energy source similar to the tesseract. They get surprised by the Peruvian security force, but it’s all good. Coulson knows their leader. *wink*
- Some rebels attack, so ward grabs the weapon quickly, and they all escape back to The Bus (giant airplane). This includes the Peruvian force.
- On the plane, the Peru commandant tries to seduce Coulson, but he sees through her ruse. Ward also notices that something is up, but they aren’t quick enough to keep control of the plane away from the Peruvians.
- Everyone but Coulson is held in the cargo bay, so that they can be thrown out of the plane if Coulson doesn’t cooperate. Long story short, they come up with a plane, and save the day. Though, the plan did require a hole to be put into the side of the plane. Which led to what i can only hope is a future episode of Mythbusters.
- In the end, S.H.I.E.L.D. launches the weapon into the sun. And Skye replies to a test from someone with Rising Tide that she is in.
Oh, and before I reveal that surprise, here’s the teaser image. See if you can guess what’s going on.
Yes, that’s an eye patch on the S.H.I.E.L.D. logo. So, if you guessed that Nick Fury would show up in this episode, you’re correct. But, you should notice that I’m mentioning it here at the end, and not in the middle of the story. That’s because Fury didn’t really do anything. He got on Coulson for damaging the plane, told him to repair it exactly as it was, and that having Skye on the team is a risk.
I don’t really have much to say about this episode. I just hope that since they’ve gotten through the team origin and coming together episodes, maybe the group can start to gel. I do like all of the characters, but they seem more like individuals set to do their thing rather than a team interacting with each other. But I’ll see how the next couple of episodes go. By the time we get through episode 4 or 5, we’ll have a better feel for how the show is going to be.